Each lecture presentation is allocated 20 minutes (15 minutes
for the presentation by the author followed by 5 minutes for
the questions & answers session).
You should meet your session chair 15
minutes before the beginning of your session (see the
Program for the list of session chairs).
- a personal computer with a recent version of the Windows OS
installed, a CD-ROM drive, a USB port, as well as PowerPoint
and Acrobat Reader software.
- a cable with a 1/8 inch stereo plug will be available for
- a standard VGA input cable is available if want to use your
- UK power sockets (please arrange to provide any necessary
adapter for the UK power sockets).
Please, pay attention to the following critical
- Make sure your presentation does not run into a problem on
Windows XP platform, if you are a MAC or Linux user
- If you will be playing video or animated media, make sure it
runs on Windows Media Player
- Embed all the fonts in your presentation
Each poster presentation is allocated a total of 2 hours of
presentation time and an additional 8 hours of display time.
The display time of the posters is from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
The presentation time is from 8:00 am to 9:00 am, from 11:00
am to 11:30 am, and from 4:10 pm to 4:40 pm (on Wednesday) or
from 3:50 pm to 4:20 pm (on Thursday and Friday).
You should display your poster at 8:00 am and remove it at
- a 1.8 meters high by 1.2 meters wide display board (i.e.,
your poster can be up to A0 size and can be displayed either
portrait or landscape).
- push pins for mounting your poster on the display board.
- a small table and two UK power socket every two display
boards for a plug to power a laptop or any other electronic
equipment to support your presentation.
(The organization accepts no liability in case of loss or
damage of personal electronic equipment. Please arrange to
provide any necessary adapter for the UK power sockets.)