Metrology of Antenna and Quasioptical Feed Systems
- Design and experimental verification of multi-mirror compact antenna ranges.
- Design and experimental study of quasioptical filters (FSSs) constructed from sub-millimetre wavelength periodic structures.
- Spatial Spectrum Analysis for measurement of beam aberration by FSSs and experimental support of Group-developed electromagnetic-modelling codes
- Development of software based on beam-optics for integrated design and analysis of quasioptical networks
Metrology of Dielectric Materials
- Quasioptical network-based measurement of magneto-optical constants of hexa-ferrites at GHz - THz energies
- Dispersive Fourier Transform Spectroscopy of dielectric materials for antenna applications
- Bin Yang: Assessment of Magnetic Material for Use in Quasi-optical Non-reciprocal Devices Operating at Frequencies above 90 GHz, September 2008, Supervisor: Dr. Robert Donnan
- Hongyan (Crystal) Tang: Non-Mechanical Phase-Shifting Techniques for Semi-Smart Base-Station Antenna Systems, September 2007, Supervisors: Dr. R. Donnan and Prof. Clive Parini.