- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Auditory Display (AD)
- Multimodal and Cross-modal Interaction
- Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
- Participatory Design
- Accessibility and Assistive Technology.
I am currently a named researcher on the EPSRC funded project Design Patterns for Inclusive Collaboration (DePIC), where we are working to develop new ways for people to interact with each other using different senses, so reducing barriers caused by visual and other sensory impairments. [MORE]
I am also a part-time lecturer at Greenwich School of Management where I lead the Software Engineering & HCI Module.
Contactoussama [at] eecs [dot] qmul [dot] ac [dot] uk
School of Electornic Engineering and Computer Science
Queen Mary University of London
Mile End road, London, E1 4NS, UK.
News & Activities
- Sept 2014 - Our paper at the BCS HCI Conference has won the award for Best Short Paper.
- Jun 2014 - We will be running a workshop on Accessibility at NIME2014
- Jun 2014 - We will be running a workshop on Sonification for Sports & Performance at ICAD2014
- May 2014 - Paper accepted at the 2014 BCS HCI Conference
- Apr 2014 - Paper accepted at the Sonic Information Design workshop at ICAD'2014
- Apr 2014 - Paper accepted at the EICS Engineering HCI 2014
- Apr 2014 - I am on the Organising Committee for AccessNIME workshop at the upcoming NIME conference
- Mar 2014 - Invited lecture on Multimodal Interaction and Accessibility at Bournemouth University
- Mar 2014 - We will be visiting an RNIB school for blind kids to conduct observations and establish requirements for designing accessible learning technologies
- Feb 2014 - I will be appearing as a special guest on the show The World of Science diffused on Radio Cirta FM, Constantine on the 7th of Feb, 4:20pm GMT Read More
- Nov 2013 - I was interviewed by FacultiMedia on our DePIC research
- Oct 2013 - As part of DePIC we will be running participatory design workshops with visually-impaired musicians and audio production specialists throughout this month.
- Jul 2013 - Our CCmI work has been featured on this year’s Parliamentary Report on R&D in Assistive Technology published on the Department of Health website.
- I occasionally blog here.