- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Auditory Display and Sonification
- Haptics and Tactile Display
- Multimodal and Cross-modal Interaction
- Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
- Participatory Design
- User Studies and Experimentation
- Accessibility and Assistive Technology.
I am currently a Researcher Co-Investigator on the EPSRC funded project Design Patterns for Inclusive Collaboration (DePIC), where we are working to develop new ways for people to interact with each other using different senses, so reducing barriers caused by visual and other sensory impairments. [MORE]
I am also an Associate Lecturer at Oxford Brookes University.
A recent interview with FacultiMedia where I talk about our work in the area of cross-modal collaboration:
News & Activities
- Mar 2015 - I will be presenting findings from DePIC research at the UCL Institute of Education as part of the VILM Conference
- Nov 2014 - Paper accepted for publication in CoDesign: International Journal of CoCreation in Design and the Arts
- Sept 2014 - Our paper at the BCS HCI Conference has won the award for Best Short Paper.
- Jun 2014 - We will be running a workshop on Accessibility at NIME2014
- Jun 2014 - We will be running a workshop on Sonification for Sports & Performance at ICAD2014
- May 2014 - Paper accepted at the 2014 BCS HCI Conference
- Apr 2014 - Paper accepted at the Sonic Information Design workshop at ICAD'2014
- Apr 2014 - Paper accepted at the EICS Engineering HCI 2014
- Apr 2014 - I am on the Organising Committee for AccessNIME workshop at the upcoming NIME conference
- Mar 2014 - Invited lecture on Multimodal Interaction and Accessibility at Bournemouth University
- Mar 2014 - We will be visiting an RNIB school for blind kids to conduct observations and establish requirements for designing accessible learning technologies
- Feb 2014 - I will be appearing as a special guest on the show The World of Science diffused on Radio Cirta FM, Constantine on the 7th of Feb, 4:20pm GMT Read More
- Nov 2013 - I was interviewed by FacultiMedia on our DePIC research
- Jul 2013 - Our CCmI work has been featured on this year’s Parliamentary Report on R&D in Assistive Technology published on the Department of Health website.
- I occasionally blog here.
Contacto [dot] metatla [at] qmul [dot] ac [dot] uk
School of Electornic Engineering and Computer Science
Queen Mary University of London
Mile End road, London, E1 4NS, UK.