- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Auditory Display and Sonification
- Haptics and Tactile Display
- Multimodal and Cross-modal Interaction
- Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
- Participatory Design
- User Studies and Experimentation
- Accessibility and Assistive Technology.
I am currently a Researcher Co-Investigator on the EPSRC funded project Design Patterns for Inclusive Collaboration (DePIC), where we are working to develop new ways for people to interact with each other using different senses, so reducing barriers caused by visual and other sensory impairments. [MORE]
A recent interview with FacultiMedia where I talk about our work in the area of cross-modal collaboration:
News & Activities
- Dec 2015 - Our paper on Shapetones and crossmodal congruence has been accepted at CHI'2016
- Nov 2015 - We will demonstrate our accessible audio-visual game ShapeTones at the SoundLab Play Space event
- Nov 2015 - Our Accessible Peak Meter Plugin has been Highly Commended at QMUL Engagement & Enterprise Awards 2015
- I have been awared an EPSRC Early Career Fellowship to start in Feb 2016 Read More
- Oct 2015 - Invited talk at Oxford Brookes University on Web Accessibility
- Aug 2015 - The Accessible Peak Meter has won the Award for Best Solution by a Large Organisation at AT&T and NYU Connect Ability Challenge
- Jun 2015 - Our paper on sonifications for digital audio workstations has won the Award for Best Paper at ICAD2015
- Mar 2015 - I will be presenting findings from DePIC research at the UCL Institute of Education as part of the VILM Conference
- Nov 2014 - Paper accepted for publication in CoDesign: International Journal of CoCreation in Design and the Arts
- Sept 2014 - Our paper at the BCS HCI Conference has won the award for Best Short Paper.
- Jun 2014 - We will be running a workshop on Accessibility at NIME2014
- Jun 2014 - We will be running a workshop on Sonification for Sports & Performance at ICAD2014
- May 2014 - Paper accepted at the 2014 BCS HCI Conference
- Apr 2014 - Paper accepted at the Sonic Information Design workshop at ICAD'2014
- Apr 2014 - Paper accepted at the EICS Engineering HCI 2014
- I occasionally blog here.
Contacto [dot] metatla [at] qmul [dot] ac [dot] uk
School of Electornic Engineering and Computer Science
Queen Mary University of London
Mile End road, London, E1 4NS, UK.