Marie Curie Early Stage Researchers in Sparse Methods for Audio Source Separation and Automatic Music Transcription
University of Surrey, UK
Closing Date: Sunday 25 January 2015
Applications are invited to a number of Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher (ESR) positions as part of the new EU-funded Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN) "SpaRTaN: Sparse Representations and Compressed Sensing Training Network".
The SpaRTaN ITN (http://spartan-itn.eu/) will bring together leading academic and industry groups to train a new generation of interdisciplinary researchers in sparse representations and compressed sensing, with applications in areas such as hyperspectral imaging, audio signal processing and video analytics.
Early Stage Researcher (ESR) positions allow the researcher to work towards a PhD, for a duration of 36 months. ESRs should be within four years of the diploma granting them access to doctorate studies at the time of recruitment, and must not have spent more than 12 months in the host country in the 3 years prior to starting.
At the University Surrey, we are recruiting for two Marie Curie ESRs: one in Sparse Time-Frequency Methods for Audio Source Separation, and one in Automatic Music Transcription using Structured Sparse Dictionary Learning.
Marie Curie ESRs are paid a competitive salary which is adjusted for their host country. For ESRs at the University of Surrey, the ESR salary including mobility allowance is equivalent to a gross salary of approximately £36,087, or £38,836 for ESRs with a family.
More information at the links below:
ESR Post 1: Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher in Sparse Time-Frequency Methods for Audio Source Separation (https://jobs.surrey.ac.uk/084014)
ESR Post 2: Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher in Automatic Music Transcription using Structured Sparse Dictionary Learning (https://jobs.surrey.ac.uk/084314)
More on the SpaRTaN ITN at http://spartan-itn.eu/
Full list of Early Stage Researcher (ESR) Positions (recruiting early 2015):
- ESR1 : Sparse Time-Frequency methods for Audio Source Separation - CVSSP, University of Surrey, United Kingdom
- ESR2 : Automatic Music Transcription using Structured Sparse Dictionary Learning - CVSSP, University of Surrey, United Kingdom
- ESR3 : Sparse Representations and Compressed Sensing - University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- ESR4 : Task Based Dictionary Learning for Audio-Visual Tagging - LTS2, EPFL,Switzerland
- ESR5 : 1-bit Compressive Imaging - LTS2, EPFL,Switzerland
- ESR6 : Analysis Dictionary Learning Beyond Gaussian Denoising - Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
- ESR7 : Compressed Sensing for Hyperspectral Imaging - Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
- ESR8 : Large-scale signal processing - INRIA, France
Experienced Researcher (ER) positions (recruiting later in 2015):
- ER1 : Video Analytics for Large Camera Networks - VisioSafe, Switzerland
- ER2 : Image and Video Restoration with Adaptive Transforms - Noiseless Imaging, Finland
For further details of all ESR and ER positions, and how to apply, see http://spartan-itn.eu/#1