Hi, Welcome to my webpage!
My name is Marjan and I am a PhD student at Queen Mary University of London under supervision of Hamed Haddadi, Steve Uhlig and Richard Mortier.
I'm interested in tracking the third-party trackers across the Internet, exploring their connections and presence across the world as well as measuring their impact on user's privacy.
* Rishab Nithyanand, Sheharbano Khattak, Mobin Javed, Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez, Marjan Falahrastegar, Julia E. Powles, Emiliano De Cristofaro, Hamed Haddadi and Steven J. Murdoch, "Ad-Blocking and Counter Blocking: A Slice of the Arms Race" 6th USENIX Workshop on Free and Open Communications on the Internet 2016 (paper)
* Marjan Falahrastegar, Hamed Haddadi, Steve Uhlig, Richard Mortier, "Tracking Personal Identifiers Across the Web", Passive and Active Measurement conference ( PAM 2016), March 2016, Crete, Greece. (paper)
* Marjan Falahrastegar, Hamed Haddadi, Steve Uhlig, and Richard Mortier, "Anatomy of the Third-Party Web Tracking Ecosystem". September 2014. (paper , MIT Tech Review)
* Marjan Falahrastegar, Hamed Haddadi, Steve Uhlig, and Richard Mortier, "The Rise of Panopticons: Examining Region-Specific Third-Party Web Tracking", In Sixth Workshop on Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA), London, UK, April 2014. (paper)
* Bernadette Kamleitner, Stephan Dickert, Marjan Falahrastegar, Hamed Haddadi,"Information Bazaar: a Contextual Evaluation", 5th ACM HotPlanet workshop, co-located with SIGCOMM 2013, August 2013, HongKong. (paper)
I've been teacher assistant for several modules which I found them interesting and related to my field such as:
* Big Data Processing
* Digital Media and Social Networks
* Communications and Networks
* Database Systems