Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Communications
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- Editor, IEEE Communications Letters
I received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of British Columbia, Canada, 2006. From 2007 to 2011, I was with the Wireless and Networking Technologies Laboratory at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), Australia. During this time, I held an adjunct appointment at the University of Technology Sydney, Australia. In 2011, I joined the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science at Queen Mary University of London, UK. I also hold visiting faculty appointments at the University of New South Wales, Australia, and Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China. I am a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (HEA).
I serve as Guest Editor of
- IEEE Communications Magazine, Millimeter Wave Communications for 5G
- IEEE Communications Magazine, Energy Harvesting Communications
- IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, Green Media: The Future of Wireless Multimedia Networks
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Location Awareness for Radios and Networks.
My work has received significant international recognition, including Best Paper Awards at IEEE ICC 2016, IEEE ICC 2014, CHINACOM 2014, and IEEE VTC-Spring 2013. I received the Top 15 Editors Recognition Award of the IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology in 2014. I received the Exemplary Reviewer Certiﬁcate of the IEEE Communications Letters in 2012.
My research spans the area of wireless communications and statistical signal processing with special emphasis on distributed information processing, security, massive MIMO, millimeter wave communications, heterogeneous and small cell networks.