Dr Ling Ma
BEng, MSc, PhD, SFHEA, MACM, MIET
Lecturer in Software Engineering
Dr Ling Ma is a lecturer in Software Engineering in the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL). She also teaches on the Joint Programme (JP) between QMUL and Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT).
She is currently programme lead of E-commerce Engineering with Law, final year project coordinator and year-4 academic advisor in the JP.
She is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and a member of the ACM and IET.
Before joining QMUL, Dr Ling Ma worked in the Department of Computer Science, University of York as a teaching fellow/lecturer and a member of Human Computer Interaction Research Group from September 2004 to July 2007. In July 2007, she joined the Department of Electronic Engineering (now School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science) at Queen Mary University of London.
Dr Ling Ma obtained a BEng in Automatic Control Engineering from the College of Electronic Information and Control Engineering at Beijing University of Technology in 2000. After that, she received an MSc in Information Systems in 2001 and a PhD in Computing Science in 2005, both from the School of Computing Sciences, University of East Anglia.
Awards received during her study:
- Ling Ma, Noise Classification for Context-Aware Computing, Best Poster Prize at SYS Annual Research Conference, School of Information Systems, University of East Anglia, June 2002.
- Three-year PhD Studentship, School of Information Systems, University of East Anglia, October 2001 - September 2004.
- International student scholarship for MSc, School of Information Systems, University of East Anglia, 2000.
Achievements and Awards
- QMUL Education Excellence Award, 2019. News Link.
- Awarded Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA), 2018.
- JP Teaching Innovation Award, 2018.
- Best Poster Prize, QMUL’s annual Teaching and Learning Conference, 2018.
- Awarded QMUL Westfield Fund for Enhancing the Student Experience, 2016. News Link.
- QMUL Draper’s Prize of Innovative Teaching, 2011.
Phone: +44 (0)20 7882 7343
Office: E307, Engineering Building, Mile End Campus
Address: School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London, E1 4NS, UK