Dr. Joseph Doyle
I am a lecturer at Queen Mary University of London. I was a Postdoctoral Research in Trinity College Dublin from 2012 to 2014, a Senior Research Assoicate at University College London from 2014 to 2016 and a Senior Lecturer at the University of East London from 2016 to 2018. My current research interests are Cloud Computing, Green Computing, Cognitive Resource Management and Containerization.
I have been involved in the following projects as part of the startup I co-founded at UCL
I will also be teaching on the following modules in 2021/22:
- F. Sakr, F. Bellotti, R. Berta, A De Gloria, J. Doyle, "Memory-Efficient CMSIS-NN with Replacement Strategy", IEEE International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud (FiCloud), 2021.
- M.H. Anwar, S. Ghafouri, S.S. Gill, J. Doyle, "Recommender System for Optimal Distributed Deep Learning in Cloud Datacenters", Wireless Personal Communications, 2021.
- F. Bellotti, R. Bert, A. De Gloria, J. Doyle, F. Sakr, "Exploring Unsupervised Learning on STM32 F4 Microcontroller", International Conference on Applications in Electronics Pervading Industry, Environment and Society, 2020
- S. Ghafouri, A.A. Saleh-Bigdeli, J. Doyle, "Consolidation of Services in Mobile Edge Clouds using a Learning-based Framework", IEEE World Congress on Services (SERVICES), 2020
- J. Doyle, R. Bashroush, "Case Studies for achieving a Return on Investment with a Hardware Refresh in Organizations with Small Data Centers", IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Computing, 2020
- J. Doyle, V. Giotsas, M. Anam and Y. Andreopoulos, "Dithen A Computation-as-a-Service Platform For Large-Scale Multimedia Processing," IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, vol. 7, no 2, pp. 509-523, 2019.
- J. Doyle, S. Islam, R. Bashroush and D. O'Mahony, "Cloud Strife: Expanding the Horizons of Cloud Gaming Services," in IEEE World Congress on Services, Honolulu, 2017.
- N. Jebraeil, A. Noureddine, J. Doyle, S. Islam and R. Bashroush, "gUML: Reasoning about Energy at Design Time by Extending UML Deployment Diagrams with Data Centre Contextual Information," in IEEE World Congress on Services, Honolulu, 2017.
- F. Renna, J. Doyle, V. Giotsas and Y. Andreopoulos, "Query Processing for the Internet-of-Things: Coupling of Device Energy Consumption and Cloud Infrastructure Billing," in IEEE International Conference on the Internet of Things Design and Implementation (IoTDI), Berlin, 2016.
- J. Doyle, V. Giotsas, M. Anam and Y. Andreopoulos, "Cloud Instance Management and Resource Prediction for Computation-as-a-Service," in IEEE Internation Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E), Berlin, 2016.
- F. Renna, J. Doyle, V. Giotsas and Y. Andreopoulos, "Media Query Processing For The Internet-of-Things: Coupling of Device Energy Consumption and Cloud Infrastructure Billing," IEEE Transaction on Multimedia, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 2537-2552, 2016.
- J. Doyle, V. Giotsas and Y. Andreopoulos, "Demonstration of The Dithen Cloud Computing Service for Large-Scale Media Workload Prcessing," in Industrial Demo at IEEE Internation Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), Torino, 2015.
- J. Doyle and D. O'Mahony, "Nihil: Computing Clouds with Zero Emissions," in IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering, Boston, 2014.
- J. Doyle, R. Shorten and D. O'Mahony, "Stratus: Load Balancing the Cloud for Carbon Emissions Control," IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1-13, 2013.
- J. Doyle, F. Knorn, D. O'Mahony and R. Shorten, "Distributed Thermal Aware Load Balancing for Cooling of Modular Data Centers," IET Control Theory and Applications, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 612-622, 2013.
- J. Doyle, R. Shorten and D. O'Mahony, ""Fair-share" for fair bandwidth allocation in cloud computing," IEEE Communication Letter, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 550-553, 2012.
- J. Doyle, D. O'Mahony and R. Shorten, "Server Selection for Carbon Emission Control," in ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Green Networking (GREENET), Toronto, 2011.
- J. Doyle, R. Shorten and D. O'Mahony, "An Experimental Evaluation of Distributed Rate Limitng for Cloud Computing Applications," in ACM/IEEE Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems (ANCS), La Jolla, 2010.
- ECS640U/765P: Big Data Processing
- ECS656U/796P: Distributed Systems
Dr. Joseph Doyle
E205, Electronic Engineering and Computer Science,
Queen Mary University of London,
Mile End Road,
London, E1 4NS.
j (dot) doyle _at_ qmul (dot) ac (dot) uk