PhD Students (primary and joint supervisees)
- Ilaria Manco (Primary joint supervisor). Topic: Deep learning and multi-modal models for the music industry
- Lele Liu Topic: Automatic music transcription with end-to-end deep neural networks
- Arjun Pankajakshan Topic: Development of a joint framework for sound event detection and context recognition
- Carlos Lordelo (Primary joint supervisor). Topic: Instrument modelling to aid polyphonic transcription
- Bhusan Chettri Topic: Voice biometric system security: design and analysis of countermeasures for replay attacks
- Changhong Wang Topic: Automatic classification of Chinese bamboo flute playing techniques
- Adrien Ycart Topic: Music language models for automatic music transcription
PhD Students (second supervisees)
Post-Doctoral Research Assistants
- Ester Vidaña Vila (Universitat Ramon Llull, Spain, June-July 2020).
- Hideo Daikoku (Keio University, Japan, Dec. 2019).
- Roberto Piassi Pasos Bodo (University of São Paulo, Brazil, Sep. 2019 - Feb. 2020).
- Prof. Ye Wang (National University of Singapore, Singapore, Aug.-Sep. 2019).
- Felix Gontier (Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France, Nov. 2018).
- Qing Zhou (Xi'an Jiaotong University, China, Oct. 2017 - March 2018).
- Andrew McLeod (University of Edinburgh, UK, Aug. 2017).
- Mina Mounir (KU Leuven, Belgium, May 2017).
- Dr Rodrigo Schramm (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, Aug. 2016 - Aug. 2017).
- Jose J. Valero-Mas (University of Alicante, Spain, May - Jul. 2015 and Oct. - Nov. 2016).
- Juan Jose Bosch Vicente (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain, Sep. - Dec. 2015).
- Shubhr Singh (2018/19) Topic: Audio tagging with noisy labels
- Inês Nolasco (2017/18) Topic: Audio-based recognition of beehive states
- Lele Liu (2017/18) Topic: Automatic music accompaniment
- Eurico Covas (2017/18) Topic: Optimal neural network feature selection for forecasting of spatial temporal series
- Mike A. Taylor (2016/17, co-supervised with Dr Christopher Child) Topic: Bayesian Network Edge and Structure Learning Using Deep Convolutional Neural Networks
- Yifan Wu (2016/17) Topic: Combining visualisation approaches with audiovisual music performances