Our enthusiasm for our research keeps our teaching exciting and up to date. We also have excellent links with industry, working together on commercial and research projects.
Highlights of our degree programmes include:
- A campus which is located just 15 minutes from the centre of London
- Teaching by internationally-recognised research staff
- A wide choice of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees
- A diverse student body: around a quarter of our students are female and 47 countries are represented
- Outstanding teaching and excellent student-staff relations, see what our students say
- Accreditation from the BCS and the IET
- Access to our award-winning Informatics Teaching Laboratory
- International study abroad options: Learn a new language while you spend part of your degree in a different city around the world. International Exchange program destinations include Hong Kong, Sydney, Tokyo and California. The Erasmus programme offers European destinations.
- Participating in group projects which will prepare you for a variety of work situations
- Excellent links with industry and degree options with industrial experience
Did you know?
- We helped set up the first internet node in the UK and were the first to provide the now popular Apple/Unix workstations for students.
- 90 per cent of our students praised the level of access to IT resources in a recent National Student Survey.
- We are the home of Soundbite, a free plug-in for iTunes that creates playlists from your music collection based on your mood: www.isophonics.net/SoundBite
- We were the first department in the UK to establish a fully collaborative joint degree programme with a Chinese university.
- The School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science is one of the oldest departments of its kind in Britain.
Lecturers or research scientists?
As well as teaching you, lecturers do research. They are making a difference to the world around us by coming up with new ways to use computers. In the School we have people looking at how to allow robots to express human emotion and automatic mixing for audio and music production . Being taught by someone who is changing the world with his or her ideas ensures that you are totally up to date in the subject. See more about our research