Dr Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh
Compositional Distributional Semantics
Category Theoretical Models of Natural Language
Pregroup Grammars, Vector Space Models
Dynamic Epistemic Logic, Algebra and Proof Theory
I am hiring a postdoc. For more information for matters such as salary, application deadline, and how to apply, click here. The project is joint with Oxford and is titled `Algorithmic and Logical Aspects when Composing Meanings'. To read more click here.
- `Entanglement in quantum phenomena and natural language', Technology.org, May 21, 2014.
- `Algebra bridges syntax and meaning in natural language', Technology.org, July 29, 2014.
- `Our ambiguous world of words', University of Cambridge Research Horizons, May 2013.
- `Quantum physics => Natural language', Inspired Research, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Oxford, Summer 2011.
- `Quantum links let computers understand language', New Scientist, issue 2790,
- Clothes Network Ltd.: Compositional vector methods for request classification, with FayiMora Femi-Balogun.
- AFSOR project: Algorithmic and Logical Aspects when Computing Meanings.
- EPSRC project: New Foundational Structures for Engineering Verified multi-UAV's.
- EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellowship: Foundational Structures for Compositional Meaning.
- Done: EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowship: (AlCoSeK) Alegbraic and Coalgebraic Semantics for Knowledge.
- Quantum Physics and Linguistics: A Compositional‚ Diagrammatic Discourse, Chris Heunen, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Edward Grefenstette (eds), Oxford University Press. February, 2013.
- Evaluating Neural Word Representations in Tensor-Based Compositional Settings, Dmitrijs Milajevs, Dimitri Kartsaklis, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Matthew Purver, 2014 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), Qatar, October 2014.
- Resolving Lexical Ambiguity in Tensor Regression Models of Meaning, Dimitri Kartsaklis, Nal Kalchbrenner and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, In Proceedings of the 52nd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL): Short Papers. Baltimore‚ USA, June, 2014.
- Concrete Models and Empirical Evaluations for the Categorical Compositional Distributional Model of Meaning, Ed Grefenstette, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Journal of Computational Linguistics, to appear.
- A Low-Level Treatment of Generalized Quantifiers in Categorical Compositional Distributional Semantics, Ondrej Rypacek and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Second Workshop on Natural Language and Computer Science, A workshop affiliated with the joint meeting of Computer Science Logic (CSL) and Logic in Computer Science (LiCS), Vienna, July 2014.
- Word Order Alternations in Sanskrit via Precyclicity in Pregroup Grammars, Claudia Casadio and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, In Horizons of the Mind, Essays dedicated to Prakash Panangaden on the occasion of his 60th birthday, LNCS 8464, May 2014.
- A Study of Entanglement in a Categorical Model of Natural Language, Dimitri Kartsaklis and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, 11th workshop on Quantum Logic and Physics (QPL), Kyoto University, June 2014. arXiv:1405.2874.
- Semantic Unification: a sheaf theoretic approach to natural language, Samson Abramsky and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, In: Catgories and Types in Logic, Language, and Physics, Essays dedicated to Jim Lambek on the occasion of his 90th birthday, Casadio et al (eds.), LNCS 8222, pages 1- 13, 2014. arXiv:1403.3351
- Algebraic Semantics and Model Completeness for Intuitionistic Public Announcement Logic, Minghui Ma, Alessandra Palmigiano and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic, Volume 165, Pages 963--995, 2014.
- The Frobenius anatomy of word meanings II: possessive relative pronouns, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Stephen Clark, Bob Coecke, Journal of Logic and Computation, Essays dedicated to Roy Dyckhoff on the occasion of his retirement, S. Graham-Lengrand and D. Galmiche (eds.), doi: 10.1093/logcom/exu027, 2014.
- ALCOP 2014, 15-16 May 2014, QMUL.
- Edward Grefenstette (graduated, Oxford, with Profs Coecke and Pulman)
- Pere Pardo (graduated, Barcelona, with Prof Godo)
- Dimitri Kartsaklis (Oxford, with Profs Coecke and Pulman)
- Dmitrijs Milajevs (QMUL, with Dr Purver)
Past Teaching and Organization
- Reasoning about Information Update from 2008 to 2012, Dept of CS, Oxford.
- `Logical Computations in Multi-Agent Systems', in the Sino-European Winter School on Logic Language Information (SELLC), Guanghzou, China, Dec'10.
- Interdisciplinary workshop Cat in the Flow of PhyLing, organized with C. Heunen, funded by British Council and the Dutch Platform Beta-Techniek, Oct'10.
- OASIS, From Oct 2008 to Oct 2013, seminar series of the Foundations group, Dept of CS, Oxford.
- Cakes talks, Hilary and Trinity 2012, Dept of CS, Oxford.
- Alternative Choir and Music Society, Oct 2009 to Oct 2012. Wolfson College, Oxford.