Dr Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh
I am an EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellow and a Lecturer in EECS, QMUL.
I am interested in computational logical theories and their applications to natural language and social situations.
Compositional Distributional Semantics,
Category Theoretical Models of Natural Language,
Pregroup Grammars, Vector Space Models.
Dynamic Epistemic Logic, Algebra and Proof Theory,
A news blog-post about my recent paper (joint with Kartsaklis) on entanglement.
Paulo Oliva and I organised ALCOP 2014, 15-16 May 2014 in QMUL.
Edward Grefenstette (graduated, Oxford, with Profs Coecke and Pulman)
Pere Pardo (graduated, Barcelona, with Prof Godo)
Dimitri Kartsaklis (Oxford, with Profs Coecke and Pulman)
Dmitrijs Milajevs (QMUL, with Dr Purver)
- Clothes Network Ltd.: Compositional vector methods for request classification, Research Assistant: FayiMora Femi-Balogun.
- AFSOR project:
Algorithmic and Logical Aspects when Computing Meanings.
- EPSRC project: New Foundational Structures for Engineering Verified multi-UAV's.
- EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellowship: Foundational Structures for Compositional Meaning.
- Done: EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowship: (AlCoSeK) Alegbraic and Coalgebraic Semantics for Knowledge.
Quantum Physics and Linguistics: A Compositional‚ Diagrammatic Discourse, Chris Heunen, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Edward Grefenstette (eds), Oxford University Press. February, 2013.
- A Low-Level Treatment of Generalized Quantifiers in Categorical Compositional Distributional Semantics, Ondrej Rypacek and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Second Workshop on Natural Language and Computer Science, A workshop affiliated with the joint meeting of Computer Science Logic (CSL) and Logic in Computer Science (LiCS), Vienna, July 2014.
- Word Order Alternations in Sanskrit via Precyclicity in Pregroup Grammars, Claudia Casadio and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, In Horizons of the Mind, Essays dedicated to Prakash Panangaden on the occasion of his 60th birthday, LNCS 8464, May 2014.
- A Study of Entanglement in a Categorical Model of Natural Language, Dimitri Kartsaklis and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, 11th workshop on Quantum Logic and Physics (QPL), Kyoto University, June 2014. arXiv:1405.2874.
- Semantic Unification: a sheaf theoretic approach to natural language, Samson Abramsky and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, In: Catgories and Types in Logic, Language, and Physics, Essays dedicated to Jim Lambek on the occasion of his 90th birthday, Casadio et al (eds.), LNCS 8222, pages 1- 13, 2014. arXiv:1403.3351
- Algebraic Semantics and Model Completeness for Intuitionistic Public Announcement Logic, Minghui Ma, Alessandra Palmigiano and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic, Volume 165, Pages 963--995, 2014.
- The Frobenius anatomy of word meanings II: possessive relative pronouns, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Stephen Clark, Bob Coecke, Journal of Logic and Computation, Essays dedicated to Roy Dyckhoff on the occasion of his retirement, S. Graham-Lengrand and D. Galmiche (eds.), doi: 10.1093/logcom/exu027, 2014.
- The Frobenius anatomy of word meanings I: subject and object relative pronouns, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Stephen Clark, Bob Coecke, Journal of Logic and Computation, Special Issue: The Incomputable, an Isaac Newton Institute Workshop, Volume 23, Pages 1293-1317, 2013.
- Prior Disambiguation of Word Tensors for Constructing Sentence Vectors, Dimitri Kartsaklis, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, ACL Proceedings of Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), 2013.
- The Frobenius Anatomy of Relative Pronouns, Stephen Clark, Bob Coecke, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, 13th Meeting on Mathematics of Language (MoL), special interest group of ACL, 2013.
- Separating Disambiguation from Composition in Distributional Semantics, Dimitri Kartsaklis, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Stephen Pulman, 17th Conference on Natural Language Learning (CoNLL), 2013.
- Algebra, Proof Theory and Applications for an Intuitionistic Logic of Propositions, Actions and Adjoint Modal Operators, Roy Dyckhoff, Julien Truffaut, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, ACM Transactions on Computational Logic, Volume 14, 2013.
- Lambek vs. Lambek: Functorial Vector Space Semantics and String Diagrams for Lambek Calculus, Bob Coecke‚ Edward Grefenstette, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic, Volume 164, Pages 1079-1100, 2013.
- A Unified Sentence Space for Categorical Compositional Distributional Semantics: Theory and Experiments, Dimitri Kartsaklis, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Stephen Pulman, 24th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING), 2012.
- Experimental Support for a Categorical Compositional Distributional Model of Meaning, Edward Grefenstette, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, ACL Proceedings of Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), 2011.
- Mathematical Foundations for a Compositional Distributional Model of Meaning, Bob Coecke, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Stephen Clark, Linguistic Analysis, a Festschrift for Jim Lambek, J. van Benthem, M. Moortgat and W.~Buszkowski (eds.), Volume 36, Pages 345-384, 2010.
PAST TEACHING AND ORGANIZATION
- Reasoning about Information Update from 2008 to 2012, Dept of CS, Oxford.
- `Logical Computations in Multi-Agent Systems', in the Sino-European Winter School on Logic Language Information (SELLC), Guanghzou, China, Dec'10.
- Interdisciplinary workshop Cat in the Flow of PhyLing, organized with C. Heunen, funded by British Council and the Dutch Platform Beta-Techniek, Oct'10.
- OASIS, From Oct 2008 to Oct 2013, seminar series of the Foundations group, Dept of CS, Oxford.
- Cakes talks, Hilary and Trinity 2012, Dept of CS, Oxford.
- Alternative Choir and Music Society, Oct 2009 to Oct 2012. Wolfson College, Oxford.