Dr Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh
I am an EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellow and a Lecturer in EECS, QMUL.
My main research interests are:
Compositional Distributional Semantics,
Category Theoretical Models of Natural Language,
Pregroup Grammars, Vector Space Models.
Dynamic Epistemic Logic, Algebra and Proof Theory,
Applications to Cognitive Science and Robots.
Edward Grefenstette (graduated, Oxford)
Dimitri Kartsaklis (Oxford)
Dmitrijs Milajevs (QMUL)
- EPSRC project: New Foundational Structures for Engineering Verified multi-UAV's.
- EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellowship: Foundational Structures for Compositional Meaning.
- Done: EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowship: (AlCoSeK) Alegbraic and Coalgebraic Semantics for Knowledge.
Quantum Physics and Linguistics: A Compositional‚ Diagrammatic Discourse, Chris Heunen, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Edward Grefenstette (eds), Oxford University Press. February, 2013.
1- The Frobenius anatomy of word meanings I: subject and object relative pronouns, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Stephen Clark, Bob Coecke, Journal of Logic and Computation.
2- Prior Disambiguation of Word Tensors for Constructing Sentence Vectors, Dimitri Kartsaklis, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, ACL Proceedings of Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), 2013.
3- The Frobenius Anatomy of Relative Pronouns, Stephen Clark, Bob Coecke, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, 13th Meeting on Mathematics of Language (MoL), special interest group of ACL, 2013.
4- Separating Disambiguation from Composition in Distributional Semantics, Dimitri Kartsaklis, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Stephen Pulman, 17th Conference on Natural Language Learning (CoNLL), 2013.
5- Algebra, Proof Theory and Applications for an Intuitionistic Logic of Propositions, Actions and Adjoint Modal Operators, Roy Dyckhoff, Julien Truffaut, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, ACM Transactions on Computational Logic.
6- Lambek vs. Lambek: Functorial Vector Space Semantics and String Diagrams for Lambek Calculus, Bob Coecke‚ Edward Grefenstette, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic.
7- A Unified Sentence Space for Categorical Compositional Distributional Semantics: Theory and Experiments, Dimitri Kartsaklis, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Stephen Pulman, 24th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING), 2012.
8- Experimental Support for a Categorical Compositional Distributional Model of Meaning, Edward Grefenstette, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, ACL Proceedings of Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), 2011.
9- Mathematical Foundations for a Compositional Distributional Model of Meaning, Bob Coecke, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Stephen Clark, Linguistic Analysis, a Festschrift for Jim Lambek, J. van Bentham and M. Moortgat (eds)
PAST TEACHING AND ORGANIZATION
- Reasoning about Information Update from 2008 to 2012, Dept of CS, Oxford.
- `Logical Computations in Multi-Agent Systems', in the Sino-European Winter School on Logic Language Information (SELLC), Guanghzou, China, Dec'10.
- Interdisciplinary workshop Cat in the Flow of PhyLing, organized with C. Heunen, funded by British Council and the Dutch Platform Beta-Techniek, Oct'10.
- OASIS, From Oct 2008 to Oct 2013, seminar series of the Foundations group, Dept of CS, Oxford.
- Cakes talks, Hilary and Trinity 2012, Dept of CS, Oxford.
- Alternative Choir and Music Society, Oct 2009 to Oct 2012. Wolfson College, Oxford.