Dr Robert Donnan
Reader in Terahertz Engineering
Development of Terahertz Metrology for Life-Sciences
- Time-domain spectrometric (TDS) determination of derived physical constants for standardising disparate TDS measurement configurations after the same fashion EIRP plays in antenna metrology.
- THz-TDS study of amyloid oligomers and the partially folded intermediates that precede their formation
- THz-TDS & VNA-Quasi Optical circuit control applied to crystal engineering in EPSRC's Dial-a-Molecule Grand Challenge.
Metrology of Antenna and Quasioptical Feed Systems
- Design and experimental verification of multi-mirror compact antenna ranges.
- Design and experimental study of quasioptical filters (FSSs) constructed from sub-millimetre wavelength periodic structures.
- Spatial Spectrum Analysis for measurement of beam aberration by FSSs and experimental support of Group-developed electromagnetic-modelling codes
- Development of software based on beam-optics for integrated design and analysis of quasioptical networks
Metrology of Dielectric Materials
- Quasioptical network-based measurement of magneto-optical constants of hexa-ferrites at GHz - THz energies
- Dispersive Fourier Transform Spectroscopy of dielectric materials for antenna applications
CPhys FInstP FIET
FInstP Fellow of the Institute of Physics
CPhys Chartered Physicist