The PhD Forum will be held on August 30, 2009 in the form of a poster session preceded by a short oral presentation of the work (3 slides), and a panel discussion with experts on the potential research and application development topics.
PhD students can present and discuss their work with researchers in the field and receive valuable feedback, while conference participants can learn about interesting academic work in progress. The forum also includes a panel discussion in which participants can hear from experts in the related fields about the upcoming research and application development opportunities.
Participation in the forum is competitive and selection will be made based on a submitted abstract. All submitted abstracts will undergo a review process and selected based on the quality of the submitted content.
Presenting at the forum is open to PhD students within the following research topics:
- Fusion of vision and other sensors
- Distributed appearance modelling
- Smart camera architectures
- Image sensing techniques for smart cameras
- Embedded vision programming
- Distributed vision processing algorithms
- Collaborative feature extraction, data and decision fusion
- Architectures and protocols for camera networks
- Wireless and mobile image sensor networks
- Position discovery and middleware applications
- Vision-based smart environments
- Surveillance and tracking applications
- Multi-view vision for human-computer interaction
- 3D scene analysis
- Distributed multimedia and gaming application
Interested students are encouraged to submit a two-page extended abstract via e-mail to the PhD forum chair (Ioannis Patras). Please use as subject of the email the line [ICDSC2009-PhDForum] and include in the body of the e-mail the following information: name, research title, institution, advisor, and contact information.
- Deadline for submission: 26th June 2009
- Notification of acceptance: 6th July 2009
- The abstracts should be:
- Two pages including references
- Prepared using the template used for the camera ready paper (Please see the Paper submission page for instructions).
- Only PDF submissions will be considered
- Upon acceptance, a copyright form should be submitted (Please follow the instructions).
PhD forum chair: Ioannis Patras - Queen Mary, University of London