We are most delighted to welcome you to join us at the third ACM/IEEE International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras (ICDSC 2009).
After the successful meetings in Vienna (2007) and Stanford (2008), the ICDSC 2009 is taking place in Como, Italy on August 30th - September, 2nd 2009. The conference offers insight into the potentials and challenges of distributed vision networks and presentation of design methodologies employed by leading research groups working in these areas are also the objectives of the conference. We are pleased to announce that ICDSC 2009 will feature, in addition to a PhD forum, a Challenge and a Panel, the following tutorials and keynote talks:
- Multiple cameras in smart rooms: analysis strategies
- Multimodal human-centered vision systems
- Multi-camera and distributed video surveillance
- Urban Surveillance Networks: a challenge for video analytics technologies
- Multi-sensor coordination and control
- PANOPTIC: An omnidirectional multi-aperture visual sensor
The ICDSC 2009 technical programme also includes the following sessions:
- Activity Monitoring by Multi-Camera Systems
- Embedded Techniques for Smart Cameras
- Advances in Coding for Distributed Camera Networks
- Collaborative Signal Processing for Distributed Systems
- Architectures and Protocols for Camera Networks
- Smart Environments and 3D Scene Analysis
- Surveillance and Tracking
- Embedded Smart Cameras
- Camera Networks
- Distributed and Collaborative Signal Processing
- Camera Network Topology
Many thanks go to the organizing committee members and the technical program committee whose valuable support made this exciting programme possible. We hope you will find this technical programme an enriching experience. We also invite you to attend the Welcome Reception that will take place at Villa Olmo and the Banquet that will feature a boat trip on Lake Como followed by a dinner with regional specialities at "Il Vapore" in Torno. We look forward to the opportunity of meeting you also at these social events and we hope you will enjoy them.
We would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the sponsorship of ACM and IEEE. We would also like to recognize and acknowledge the generous contributions to this year's conference by our sponsors Philips, IBBT, Project Automation, KeeSquare and LabTechnology. The support of the administrative and technical staff from Politecnico di Milano and Queen Mary University of London is hereby acknowledged.
We hope you will have four fruitful and inspiring days in Como and look forward to hearing about the new results and collaborations that follow.
ICDSC 2009 General Chairs